Well Met by Jen DeLuca
SUMMARY: "All's faire in love and war for two sworn enemies who indulge in a harmless flirtation in a laugh-out-loud rom-com from debut author, Jen DeLuca.
This summer was only ever supposed to be a pit stop on the way to somewhere else for Emily, but soon she can't seem to shake the fantasy of establishing something more with the ever attractive, yet irritating Simon, or a permanent home of her own in Willow Creek." (Adapted from Goodreads)
REVIEW: I'll admit. I TOTALLY judge a book by it's cover. Upon seeing WELL MET, my thinking went something along the lines of "... silly, juvenile, corney ..." basically I was a teenager again thinking something emoting "fun and quirky" actually equated "totally lame."
You guys - this book is ANYTHING but lame! Jen DeLuca had me at her very first line and really swept me away by her quirky characters, quaint setting, and total humor.
WHAT I LOVED
- Simon and Emily's on again, off again tension.
- The depth of struggle both Emily & Simon have to explore during this summer together.
- The small town setting. Totally reminded me of Star's Hollow.
- The unassuming and creative setting of a Renaissance Festival.
WHAT I DIDN'T LOVE
- How hot and heavy Simon and Emily got so quickly without too much time actually getting to know each other.
- The rushed and somewhat unrealistic ending in terms of relationship building.
Overall, I'd absolutely recommend this one if you love a cute modern rom-com. A quick and delightful read!
SENSITIVITY WARNINGS: Moderate steam/ sexual content, language, loss of a sibling.
Like what you see here? Check out my Index of Book Reviews for more recommendations!
*Click HERE for my Rating Scale!